Thursday, July 22, 2004

9/11 Commission Report

With a few exceptions, the commentary on the 9/11 Commission Report was relatively mild. I expected more negative additions from the liberals on this highly partisan commission. It really hasn't happened yet.

The one glaring exceptions comes from Senator John Kerry. His rhetoric was purely negative and just not helpful. He expected all recommendations to be set in place NOW. Does he not realize that the a very few legislative days left and he should know how slowly Congress works. He should know, but I guess when you are absent from work 70% of the time, you forget how your office works.

Several article below.
9/11 Commission Says 'No Single Individual' Was Responsible -- 07/22/2004
Revisiting the Horror: 'I Think We Are Going Down' -- 07/22/2004
KERRY 9/11 REPORT COMMENTS, LIVE-BLOGGED

Kerry on the 9/11 report: I will meet with Kean and Hamilton. Initial briefing says we have a massive agenda of reform, which is long overdue, by the way. I have called for major changes. I have called for task forcing specific efforts of our intelligence regarding terrorism, and proliferation.

This is not a time for bickering. not a time for politics.

If I am elected president and there has not been enough progress, then I will lead immediately an emergency summit of leading members of Congress and leaders of agencies and we will put together a rapid agenda to protect this country.

(quotes not precise, typed as Kerry was speaking)

The New York Times > Washington > 9/11 Panel Is Said to Sharply Fault Role of Congress

No comments: